If you’re an orthopedic surgeon, you’ve undoubtedly heard all the buzz about how laser therapy can be extremely effective for treating bodily pain and discomfort, in a non-invasive, non-addictive way that leaves no side effects.
In fact, laser therapy has been shown to be one of the best ways to treat patients suffering from chronic pain, and the treatment isn’t just temporary. Quite often, the healing power of laser therapy delivers long-term relief, and sometimes it even provides permanent relief because it treats the underlying condition, not just the symptoms.
With all that in mind, is it any wonder that so many orthopedic surgeons are now opting to start up their own laser therapy centers? Here are some additional reasons:
Why surgeons are opening laser therapy centers
Orthopedic surgeons around the country who are opening their own laser therapy clinics are doing their research, and they learned the following benefits that laser therapy provides:
- Pain relief – laser therapy reduces the amount of bradykinin – a peptide that causes inflammation – in the affected area, thereby reducing pain. At the same time, it triggers the release of endorphins, which are the “feel good” hormones of the body.
- Anti-inflammatory healing – laser therapy increases the production of ATP, which accelerates the healing process and widens arteries and veins around injured tissue, thus relieving inflammation.
- Accelerated cell growth and tissue repair – exposure to laser therapy stimulates faster tissue repair as well as new cell growth.
- Better vascular activity – new capillaries form faster in an affected area, thus improving vascular activity there.
- Less formation of fibrous tissue – laser therapy reduces the amount of scar tissue that forms around an injured area.
- Faster healing of wounds – by stimulating the production of more collagen, laser therapy promotes faster healing of injured tissue.
- Activation of stem cells – by increasing the number of stem cells in an affected area, healing is enhanced and accelerated.
In addition to all these impressive reasons above, opening a laser therapy in your community is a great service to the community itself because it is improving the quality of life for many local citizens.
Why it’s so easy to open your own center
One of the big reasons why it has become so easy to open your own laser therapy center is that a company called OrthoLazer recognizes the value these centers can bring to a community and has developed a franchise system they call business-in-a-box. This protocol helps any orthopedic surgeon start their own laser therapy center by eliminating all the guesswork – and much of the legwork – involved with opening your own OrthoLazer Center. Everything from finding the right location to staffing your center and then promoting it locally can be facilitated by the Franchise Success Team – all while you attend to your practice.
If you want to explore what opening your own OrthoLazer Center can do for you, your patients, and your community, we invite you to contact us for more information.
OrthoLazer Orthopedic Laser Centers offer patients and their doctors an innovative and effective alternative pain management option to treat acute and chronic orthopedic conditions. Founded by Dr. Scott Sigman – the original opioid-sparing surgeon – our centers further his mission of providing his patients with non-operative and non-opioid treatment options. If you’d like more information about OrthoLazer, please visit our website at ortholazer.com.